It is our pleasure to have Gijs Boudewijn joining us in Vienna for our 2nd Annual International Payment Forum, on November 22nd & 23rd.
Mr Boudewijn is Chair of the Legal Support Group of the European Payments Council and Chair of the Payment Systems Committee of the European Banking Federation, with extensive experience in domestic and international payments issues.
About Gijs Boudewijn:
- From 1st February 2014 Gijs, Boudewijn (1958) holds the position of Deputy General Manager at the Dutch Payments Association
- Before that he was responsible for payments and security related matters at the Dutch Banking Association
- He has extensive experience in domestic as well as international (SEPA) payments issues, governance, competition law and fraud prevention
- He started as an in-house lawyer at a large savings bank, and later became Head of Legal Affairs at the central Dutch clearing house
- In 1998, Mr Boudewijn joined the Dutch Banking Association as Head of Payments and Security Affairs
- In 2014 was appointed Deputy General Manager of the Dutch Payments Association. Next to sitting on various Dutch domestic payments related bodies, he is currently Chair of the Legal Support Group of the European Payments Council and Chair of the Payment Systems Committee of the European Banking Federation in Brussels.