We would like to present Javier SantamaríaI to our 2nd Annual International Payment Forum as a key presenter.
Javier Santamaría is the Chair of the European Payments Council has been working in banking since 1992, with a parenthesis spent as an advisor to the Ministry of Public Works and Communications in Spain (1996 – 1999).
Up until 2002, Javier was Head of Operations Business Services at Banco Santander as head of Operations and Business Services and has been the Senior Vice President since January 2000.
Javier represents the Banks in several organisations:
- Mainly focusing on payments systems and transaction banking
- European Payments Council (EPC, where I am Chair since June 2012
- Chair of the SEPA Payment Schemes Working Group since 2009 until June 2012)
- Euro Banking Association (EBA; member of the Board since 2006)
- SWIFT cooperative (Director, since 2009)
- Iberpay (the Spanish Clearing House; member of the Board since 2005)
- An engineer by studies and with an MBA degree (INSEAD, 1991), I am still actively involved in academic matters.